San Jose Bed Bug Prevention – How to avoid Bed Bugs in hotel and motel rooms
Because my dog and I work in San Jose Bed Bug Prevention and treatments, I am often asked by customers and friends how they can avoid bed bugs when the are staying in hotel and motel rooms. My advice to them is to worry less about being exposed to bed bugs outside your home, and worry more about allowing bed bugs to enter your home. You can learn how to prevent allowing bed bugs to enter your home by reading the article I wrote about how to prevent bed bugs from entering your home.
For those who still want to know how to avoid bed bugs when traveling, I offer the following 6 suggestions:
1. When you arrive in your room, place your luggage into the bathtub. Bed bugs can’t climb the smooth sides of the tub. When you’re using the tub, place your luggage on the bathroom counter, and return to the tub when you are finished. This is probably the most important suggestion, and if you only follow one of these tips, make it this one!!
2. Use a flashlight to inspect the mattress, box spring, bed frame, headboard, and nightstand, clock lamp that may be next to the bed.
3. NEVER use the luggage racks to store your luggage, NEVER place your luggage on or near the beds.
4. If you see evidence of bed bug activity, report it to the hotel management.
5. After arriving home, before bringing your luggage into your home, use my bed bug safe entry procedures to re-enter your home, and put all of your clothing in the dryer on high heat for at least 30 minutes.
6. Store your luggage in the garage, basement, or storage room. Do not store your luggage in your bedroom. NEVER store your luggage under, or near your bed.
If this article has helped you, please share it on social media! If you can think of something I’ve left out, drop me a quick email to let me know!! I’d love to hear from you!!
If you see us driving by, wave to Maggie!