I ran into a couple of guys from CHEER yesterday in Gilroy. It was awesome to meet them.
In case you dont already know, CHEER stands for Coastal Habitat Education and Environmental Restoration. They are a non-profit organization that does several things:
- They clean up our local waterways – streams, rivers, sloughs, and res
- They stock local waterways with native fish, and work to improve our riparian habitats
- They have built a traveling museum out of garbage they have cleaned up from streams and rivers, that they take to schools to educate our kids about the importance of keeping our watershed clean, and to show the kids what an awful state our watershed is in currently, in an attempt to encourage future adults to care more about our environment than we and our parents/grandparents have in the past.
What a great mission! I passionately support these people and I can’t wait until I can financially support them. I’m committed to becoming one of their financial sponsors as soon as I can.
Actively working to protect our watershed, and encouraging others to he
lp too is very important to me. I’m addition to planning to financially support CHEER, I’m in the process of getting Delta Pest Control registered as one of the partners at Watershed Watch, and I plan to organize/host an annual creek clean up day to encourage friends and neighbors to join my family and spend a day cleaning up our local waterways and thinking about ways we can protect them from pollution.
If you are interested in how you can help protect our watershed, reach out to CHEER or visit WaterShed Watch.
Snake removal is now available in Santa Clara County! In the Bay Area, we are very lucky to have a variety of interesting snakes living among us, but it gets very interesting, and not quite so lucky when they end up in our homes.
Here is some important information for you in the event you see a snake in your home or yard…
- Most of the snakes in Santa Clara County are harmless to humans.
- Dangerous rattlesnakes are easy to identify
- You can call me at 408-389-4225 to have the snake safely removed from your home.
Rattlesnakes in Santa Clara County
The really good news is there is only one kind of snake in Santa Clara County that is dangerous to humans, The Northern Pacific Rattlesnake. Although rattlesnakes can be easily identified by the shape of their head (it’s a spade shape, or sometimes described as triangular), if you’ve been bitten by any snake you should seek the advice of a doctor right away. If it was a rattlesnake, you need to be headed to the nearest Emergency Room.
What to do if you see a snake in your home
If you encounter a snake in your home:
- Give it plenty of space. Stay away at least twice as much distance as the snake is long. Ie: If the snake is 3 feet long, stay 6 feet away.
- Call me right away 408-389-4225 to have it safely and humanely removed from your home.
If you encounter a snake in your yard:
- Give it plenty of space.
- If it’s non-poisonous, just let it be – It will probably move along on it’s own.
- If it’s a rattlesnake, or if you just can’t allow it to remain in your yard until it moves on, call me at 408-389-4225 to have it safely and humanely removed.
If you dont know if the snake you are seeing is a rattlesnake or not, give me a call so we can talk about it. Also, if you can safely get a clear photo of the snakes head, I can often ID a snake from a photo. I can help, and I’m committed to providing you exceptional service!
For more information about snakes in the bay area, visit californiaherps.com or call me at 408-389-4225 so we can chat about snakes.
To learn more about our other pest control services, please visit our pest control services page, or call me at 408-389-4225 to chat about pest control.
Ant Season is quickly approaching
Watch the short video below to learn about how the weather may impact ant activity in your yard next week.
If you see any ant activity, make sure you call me right away at 408-389-4225 so that I can get out there and take care of it quickly, before the issue escalates into your pantry, your kitchen, and bathrooms. If I dont attack them early, you’ll definitely be seeing them in your house once the outside temperature gets hot.
I’m offering a sweet discount to anyone who signs up for my annual pest next week, so contact me right away to get signed up and get your discount!
Delta Pest Controls residential pest service provides our neighbors with year round pest protection, and the convenience of not having to think about, or worry about pests, or the bug guy.
The bugs are just gone… And when you do see them, you just call me up, email me, or txt me to let me know what you’re seeing, and I come out to solve that problem, no extra charge! That’s my pest guarantee! If you see a covered pest, I come out and solve the problem – No hassle, no fuss, no extra fees. If it isn’t a covered pest, I’ll still come out to trouble shoot the problem for you, and give you options for solving it.
You will receive 6 scheduled pest services throughout the year, plus my Pest Guarantee
and all you have to do is pay a small monthly fee (The cost of a few coffees every month at your favorite gourmet coffee store), and you dont even have to worry about doing that, because I’ll get you set up on auto-pay so you dont have to think about those pests, or the pest elimination process. You just set it and forget it….
Of course, if you do want to think about the bug guy, because you have special scheduling needs, or you just want to call me up and say hi, I can accommodate that too. I don’t normally answer to the “bug guy”, but a few of my customers kids have started referring to me as the “Spider Man”. 🙂
During each of your six scheduled services, I will conduct a complete pest inspection of the exterior of your home, looking for pest activity (both covered pests, and other pests), and the conditions that may encourage, cause, or aggravate a pest problem. I will report to you what I’ve found, what I did to fix it, or provide you helpful information about what you can do to help reduce the changes a pest will make it into your home. In addition to inspecting the outside of your home, I will remove spider webs when I see them, helping your home look better, and decreasing the chances spiders will return. I will treat the outside of your home for the pest activity or conditions I find. That most often turns ends up being spiders, outdoor cockroaches, snails/slugs, crickets, earwigs, etc.
If you need help with pests inside your home, you’ve got it!
All you have to do is reply to your service notification, email me, txt me, or call me before the date you are scheduled for service, , and let me know what pest activity you are seeing inside, and I’ll schedule some extra time to take care of that for you. The reason I need the advance notice is to ensure I schedule enough time to take care of it, and also to make sure you have the information you’ll need to be prepared for an interior pest service.
I am committed to providing you exceptional service, while our environment, your family, and your pets. I hope you’ll give me an opportunity to demonstrate that commitment to you.
To request a free pest assessment of your home in the San Jose/Silicon Valley area, or in the Morgan Hill and Gilroy area, please email me, or call me at 408-389-4225.
If you do not yet have a rodent problem inside your home, now is the time to take the following 5 steps to make sure you don’t end up with rodents in your home this winter!
#5 – Deny rodents access to food and water
I’m often asked how to deal with rodents in the yard/on the landscape. The best way to affect the population of rodents in your yard and in your neighborhood is to limit their access to food and water. The more food and water that is available to them, they will have more babies per litter, and will have more litters per year. We can have a dramatic impact on their population by limiting sources of food and water, such as:
- Food and water left out for pets, wildlife, and feral cats: These resources are exploited by rats after dark, and should be removed from your yard before sunset.
- Bird baths and potted plant saucers: These are also used by mosquitos for breeding, and emptying them daily before sunset will not only help reduce the rodent population, but will also reduce the amount of mosquitoes around your home and neighborhood.
- Ripe/fallen fruit: Ripe fruit hanging on your fruit trees, and fruit that has fallen to the ground are a source of food and moisture for rats, and also for ants. Removing these daily before sunset will help reduce the amount of rodents and ants in your yard.
- Dog waste: Believe it or not, when food sources start getting hard to find, undigested food in dog and cat waste becomes a resource rats will exploit. Dog and cat feces should be removed daily before sunset.
#4 – Manage the shrubs that are planted next to the home
Shrubs should be vase shaped, not bowl shaped. You want to avoid shrubs that provide rodents places to hide near the walls of your home. Shrubs that are open near the ground, and fill out higher up are what you’re looking for. I’m on the look out for good photos to demonstrate this and will update this when I’ve taken them.
#3 – Keep trees trimmed 4 feet away from the house
Trees are exploited by rodents to gain access to the roof. If they can, they will drop from a tree like the one in this picture and land on the roof. If they have to, they can jump 4 feet from a branch to the roof.
While it’s true they can often access the roof without the trees, roof rats really like using the trees. Why would we want to make it easy for them… Just trim the trees!
#2 – Regularly inspect for and repair gaps/holes in the exterior walls/doors of your home
Gaps under doors, worn out garage door seals, vent screens that have worn out or have been cut to accommodate satellite cables and AC tubes are common entry points rodents will use to enter your home. Repairing these will effectively “close the door” to rodent entry into your home.
#1 – Sign up for a reoccurring pest service
When I service your home, in addition to removing webs and treating for pest problems, I will inspect for these and other conditions that can cause pest problems and either fix them, or report them to you so you can decide how to proceed. Contact me now to schedule your free home inspection.
Are you experiencing lawn damage in San Jose? You’re not alone! It’s a big problem this time every year all over the Santa Clara Valley. Wild Boar, Raccoons, Skunks, and Possums are digging up lawns all over San Jose in search of food. Grubs growing in your grass can be the cause of this damage. What is the solution?
— One solution I don’t recommend is you can cook them up and eat them yourself 😉 <—Just kidding! Gross!!
—> A much better solution is to call me at 408-389-4225 and get my help!
If you woke up recently to see this kind of damage in your lawn, I can help! Just call me at 408-389-4225, and I will come out and apply a product to your lawn that will kill the grubs. Once the grubs are dead, the animals digging in it will lose interest and stop.
Then, once I’ve killed the grubs in your lawn and prevented the damage, I will return in the spring and apply a material that will prevent the problem from happening next summer.
So right now you’re probably asking yourself what the heck are grubs?? Grubs are the larva of several kinds of beetles, including the Japanese Beetle, The June Bug, etc. In our area most of the grubs causing damage to your grass are probably from the Japanese Beetle. These beetles lay eggs in your lawn, and when the egg hatches, a larva is the result. These grubs feed on the roots of your grass, often causing ugly brown spots in your lawn. Often, animals will be attracted to your lawn to feed on the grubs, which is how the damage in the above photos happens to your lawn at night.
If you have seen this kind of damage to your lawn in San Jose, or other bay area cities, call me at 408-389-4225 so we can talk about how I can help you. I’m always really glad to help!
I wanted to update my friends and customers of a few changes that are happening:
As of this afternoon, my bed bug dog Maggie no longer works for Clark Pest Control. I am going to continue working for Clark Pest Control as a route technician, I will continue providing sales and customer service support for the customers who have come to rely on me.
I am also in the process of creating a pest control company that will provide pest services that Clark Pest Control does not – Canine Scent Detection and Canine Rat Abatement services that pest control companies around the bay area will be able to offer their customers.
It’s going to take me a couple of months to have the licensing squared away to be able to provide the canine services my customers have come to rely on, but very soon Maggie and I will be back with a second bed bug dog, and a team of rat dogs.
During this transition, and beyond it, you will still be able to obtain all of the other bed bug and general pest control services from me, through Clark Pest Control, that you’ve come to rely on.
While these changes are big, they are going to be great for us and for our customers. Stay tuned for more updates!
I got a call today from a very cool person who found my webpage through a google search and called me to ask some questions about bed bugs. Even though she doesn’t live in my service area, so she isn’t a potential customer, I talked with her for almost an hour, answering all sorts of questions about bed bugs and bed bug treatments.
I’m telling you about this in order to invite you to reach out to me if you ever have any questions about bugs. Bed bugs, cockroaches, ants, spiders, rodents; it doesn’t matter what kind of pest problem you’re dealing with, I want to help you – even if all the help you need is some free information! You can reach me by email and I will get right back to you. Dont forget to include your phone number so I can call you to discuss your questions!
If you own or manage rental homes, apartments, or hotels, attorneys around the country are actively recruiting plaintiffs to sue you.
It is crucial that you learn to protect yourself from bed bug related lawsuits. You can do this in a few easy steps:
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements of AB551, which became law on 1/1/17.
- Follow my advice for property managers – Develop bed bug protocols to be followed in the event of a report of bed bug activity, and FOLLOW THEM.
- Rely on an inspection based protocol, not a complaint based protocol. Documentation of regular canine assisted bed bug inspections can help you answer the question, “was this problem forseeable.” “Was there anything that should have been done to prevent, or to discover the problem.” Your attorney will probably tell you that could turn out to be a very expensive question to leave unanswered.
- Establish a relationship with a pest control company that is experienced in dealing with tough bed bug problems, and make sure this company is identified as “to be called” in the event a customer reports suspected bed bug activity. It’s important you do not try to resolve bed bug complaints on your own. Your attorney will probably advise you to keep “arms length” from the inspections/treatment of the bed bug issue in order to limit your liability. Leave it to the pros!
If you have any questions about bed bugs, or resolving bed bug problems, call or email me any time, day or night, 7 days per week. I’m happy to help you, and committed to providing you exceptional service!
My bed bug sniffing dog Maggie and I can’t wait to help protect you and your clients from lawsuits or other claims that can easily be prevented.
Diseases Spread by Rats Can Kill You or Your Family Members
Diseases Spread by Rats Can Kill You, your family members, or your customers.
- There are over 55 diseases that can make you seriously ill, or kill you that are spread by rats. and mice.
- Rats in the ceiling can drop parasites and pathogens all over the rooms you inhabit below the ceiling.
- Rats moving around the space you live in can contaminate your living space with pathogens and parasites.
Diseases Spread by Rats Can Kill Your Customers
- This can result in liability when you are sued for wrongful death.
- This can result in bad will in the community toward you or your business.
- You dont want the problems this property owner in news report below has. One of his residents was killed last week by Leptospirosis spread by rats on his property located in the Bronx, NYC.
I Can Help Prevent Diseases Spread by Rats
Diseases Spread by Rats Can Kill You, your family members, or your customers, but you don’t have to allow that to happen – There are solutions! Contact me to schedule an assessment of your property. I can help remove the rats and provide advice/resources that can help you decontaminate the areas affected by them, protecting your health, the health of your family, and the liability of your business.
Whether you are dealing with a small infestation in your home, or a huge infestation on your farm or winery, I have the tools and resources available to resolve your problem quickly. For details, contact me at 408-389-4225. Call me so we can chat about what you are dealing with. I am committed to providing you exceptional service!